Strawberry and Apple Leathers
3 cups of strawberries, stems removed, washed, dried and sliced
2 green apples, sliced with skin and seeds removed
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons honey
½ cup of water
1. Place all ingredients into a medium sized saucepan over a moderate heat; bring to a boil, then lower the temperature
to a simmer; continue simmering uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Place cooked fruit into a blender and puree until smooth.
3. Pour fruit mixture over parchment paper placed into the BELLA 10.5 QT Air Convection Fryer Oven Dehydrator perforated sheet pans. Spread evenly, thickness should be about ¼ inch.
4. Set the BELLA 10.5 QT Air Convection Fryer Oven Dehydrator to the DEHYDRATE setting (chef’s note: the default setting
is 125 °F for 5 hours; you can adjust the dehydrate setting in 30-minute increments, depending on the fruit’s consistency
it could take up to an additional hour or 2).
5. Remove leathers from the oven when it feels slightly tacky but not wet. Let cool before cutting into strips.
6. Store in an air tight container.