What You'll Need
- 24 Italian lady fingers
- 1 cup espresso, cooled
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
What To Do
- Brew espresso with the BELLA Pro Series Steam Espresso Maker. Allow 1 cup to cool completely before using.
- In a large bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Using the BELLA Hand Immersion blender with the whisk attachment, whisk until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and continue whisking until you reach soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, add the mascarpone cheese. Use a silicone spatula to slowly pour in the whipped cream into the bowl. Fold it in and be careful not to over-mix.
- Add the cooled espresso into a bowl and dip the lady fingers inside one by one. Allow them to soak up enough espresso.
- Add a layer of espresso-soaked lady fingers (break them if needed) to a medium sized glass or jar. Add a layer of the mascarpone cream on top and continue alternating until the glass is full. Be sure to leave the mascarpone as the final layer.
- Use a sieve to sift cocoa powder on top.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining jars.