Toasted Cornbread with Carmelized Red Onions and Queso Fresca
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 slices cornbread, sliced horizontally in half
- 1/2 cup queso fresca, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
What To Do
- In a pan, melt the butter over a medium heat until bubbly. Add the onions and sugar, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes over a medium heat or until the onion have softened.
- Lightly toast the cornbread.
- Place 2 slices of cornbread on each plate, top with the onions, queso fresca, and cilantro.