Zucchini Spiral Carbonara
What You'll Need
- 4 medium zucchini
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
What To Do
- Trim ends of zucchini; cut into halves or thirds. With Bella Spiralizer on spaghetti setting, spiralize zucchini into long strands, trimming with clean kitchen sheers as needed.
- In large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, 1/3 cup cheese and 1 tbsp parsley; set aside. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook bacon for about 5 minutes or until golden brown but not crisp. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in zucchini noodles; cook for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add zucchini mixture to egg yolk mixture; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley.
Tip: Substitute Pecorino Romano for Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Per 1/4 recipe
- Calories 250
- Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 155mg
- Sodium 700mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 14g
- 82% less carbohydrate than Fazoli’s Chicken Carbonara
- 35% fewer calories than Fazoli’s Chicken Carbonara