Skip to content
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 ⅓ cup of flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of blueberries
- In a large bowl, mix all your dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, and whisk slightly. It's okay if it's a tiny bit lumpy - you're going for a cake mix texture.
- Gently fold in your blueberries to the batter, making sure not to overmix.
- Plug in and preheat your Mini Bella Waffle Maker (the light will turn off when it's preheated).
- Apply a light layer of vegetable oil of your choice to the plates to build up a beautiful crust and avoid sticking. To avoid over-oiling, take a piece of folded paper towel, dip it in the oil, and very quickly and lightly go over the plates.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup of batter into the waffle maker and cook to desired doneness (the light will go off when done).
- Serve with a generous amount of butter and maple syrup!